Sunday, May 22, 2011

May flowers?

They say April showers bring May flowers...  So with all this good weather what has everyone been up to?

I recently signed up with Brian, and James to do the top of Utah marathon in September.  :)  It scares me a little, but I am hoping I will be able to have some fun.  I started a training program this last week and so far so good!  I have been surprised at how well my body is adapting to it.  To be honest, I was getting sick of working out and was in a rut, so I thought this would motivate me to get going again.  And it has.  This whole training thing is a new concept to me.  I usually do a couple week 'training' then just go for it.  I knew that wasn't going to work for the marathon.  Anyway I think that if you are willing to put in the time to train,you should join us!  I will also be trying to do some smaller races 5k, 10k, etc to get ready.  Let me know if you know of any good races. 

1 comment:

  1. I think my only goal is the same as the start of the year ... run at least three 5K races.

    I find the biggest challenge to be committing time each day to just go running. Between family time, work, church, scouts, etc. there just isn't enough time ... at least not now that I have to stretch before and after, etc. :)

    Kudos to all you who are striving so hard and keeping the commitment to health!

    ReplyDelete